Fruits are truly precious gifts from Mother Nature. Not only are they delicious to eat at any time of the day they are nutritious, healthy, wholesome, and lip-smacking as well. They also bring you tons of benefits. It’s not for nothing that we have plenty of motherhoods describing the benefits of fruits like “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” and “Bananas are nature’s natural flushing agents.” You just can’t go wrong by picking up a fruit and digging into it anytime your stomach grumbles out of hunger.
A Plethora of Goodness
Fruits are a source of many vital nutrients such as potassium, vitamin C, and folic acid while being low in sodium, fat, and calories. They also do not contain cholesterol. Best of all they are loaded with dietary fiber which reduces blood cholesterol and lowers the risk of contracting heart disease. Fiber also facilitates good bowel movement eliminating problems like constipation and diverticulosis. Eating fiber-loaded fruits also leave you with a feeling of fullness.
Some of the fruits which are high on fiber content are passion fruit, avocados, guavas, raspberries, blackberries, pomegranates, kiwifruit, pears, and oranges.
- Passion fruit – It prevents constipation and keeps your gut healthy. It slows the time taken to digest your food which prevents blood sugar spikes from occurring. It also lowers the risk of heart illnesses, obesity, and diabetes.
- Avocados – They prevent constipation, lower the risk of colon cancer, and help maintain a healthy digestive tract.
- Guavas – Eating them facilitate healthy bowel movement and prevent constipation. They also reduce the duration and intensity of diarrhea.
- Raspberries – They do not raise high blood sugar levels and lower blood sugar in your body and improve insulin resistance. They reduce the chances of fatty liver disease as well.
- Blackberries – Their high fiber content reduce cholesterol, control blood sugar levels, facilitate regular bowel movement, help reduce weight, and provide fuel to feed healthy gut bacteria.
- Pomegranates – They help in digestion and are also good for your heart. For people who love junk food, a steady diet of pomegranates goes a long way in fighting their ill effects.
- Kiwifruit – They are excellent for improving digestion and they contain a proteolytic enzyme called “actinidin” that helps break down protein in your body.
- Pears – They lower the levels of LDL [bad] cholesterol in your body directly contributing to your heart health. They also lower the chances of you contracting cardiovascular disease.
- Oranges – The main fibers found in them are cellulose, pectin, lignin, and hemicellulose that improve digestive health, cholesterol levels, and aid weight loss.
Eat Them Up!
Consuming these fruits give you a wealth of benefits with virtually no side effects. These fruits are easily available in your nearby supermarkets and grocery stores which always stock them. Consuming these fruits will surely prove fruitful for you!