Vegetable lovers, this soup is for you! We start with nature’s organic vegetables and quinoa.
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Yellow onion, diced
- 1 chopped Carrots
- 2 Celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 cup Chopped butternut squash
- 3 Bay leaves
- 4 cans Reduced-sodium vegetable broth (14 1/2 oz each)
- 2 cans Diced tomatoes (15 oz each)
- 1 can Chickpeas, rinsed and drained (15 oz)
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 tbsp Minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp Minced fresh thyme
- 2 cups Chopped kale, ribs and stems removed
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, and celery and cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, sweet potato, butternut squash, and bay leaves. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally so they don’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
Add the vegetable broth, tomatoes, and chickpeas. Stir in the quinoa and season with fresh rosemary and thyme. Cook for 15 minutes or until quinoa is soft. Stir in the kale and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve warm.
Note-this soup freezes well. To freeze, cool completely and pour into a freezer container. When ready to eat, defrost and reheat on the stove or in the microwave.