Even though my blog is all about weight loss, fitness and overall body transformation, I have been getting a lot of questions on my Instagram and here from people who want to gain weight. Some want to gain only 5 pounds and then there are some who want to gain 25 or more pounds. They have tried eating different things and their diet does not seem to be working for them. So, I decided to quickly come up with a list of healthy foods, which could help with the weight gain process. This list is only a starting point and I will keep adding more food products as we go along.
So here is the list:
- Potatoes and Various Different Starches. This includes Potatoes, Quinoa, Corn, Squash, Oats, Beans and Legumes, Buckwheat
- Nuts like Cashews, Almonds, Walnuts, Peanuts etc.
- Grain-based Cereals like Oats, Granola, Bran and Multigrains. Grain-based cereals and oats also contain beneficial nutrients like fiber and healthy antioxidants.
- Dark Chocolate with cocoa content of 70% or higher provides a ton of antioxidants and health benefits.
- They provide healthy fats and high-quality protein.
- Avacado are loaded with healthy fats.
- Fatty Fish like Salmon. They are an excellent source of protein and healthy fats.
- It’s a low cost, high carb option if you are looking to gain weight.
- It provides a good balance of carbs, proteins and fats.
- Healthy Fats and Oils. Adding Extra Virgin Olive Oil to Salads can increase healthy fats substantially.
- You can make some high calorie smoothies using Mangoes, Papaya, Nuts, Berries and Banana. Adding protein powder to the smoothies will increase the calorie content.
- Protein Bars. There are several high calorie protein bars available. Even if you eat one every other day, it will help with weight gain.
- Like dark chocolate, it’s high in calories and fats. If you eat it in larger quantities, it’s also a very good source of protein.
- Full Fat Yogurt. Great balance of Proteins, Carbs and Fats. You can combine Yogurt with high calorie fruit to increase weight gain.
- Protein Supplements like Whey. Protein supplements are a simple and affordable addition to your diet to help you increase your protein intake.