Green Bean, Tomato and Onion Salad for Dinner today. Made this in less than 15 minutes.
This is a very simple, fresh and healthy summery salad, the perfect side to so many summer meals. You can serve at room temperature or make it ahead and serve it chilled.
- 1 pound green beans trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 plum tomatoes cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges (or 1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved)
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Add green beans; cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse well with cold water. Drain thoroughly and place in large bowl with tomatoes and the onion.
Combine vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Gradually add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Drizzle over bean mixture, toss gently to coat. Top with freshly ground black pepper.