There is an inspirational saying “When life gives you a lemon make lemonade.” You couldn’t get better advice than this anywhere. Lemon has many beneficial properties that drinking lemon drinks should be a regular part of your diet at all times.
Has Multiple Benefits
Lemon water is an easy-to-make beverage from freshwater mixed with fresh lemon juice. You can drink it both hot and cold. Lemon water brings you several health benefits like promoting hydration, providing vitamin C, supporting weight loss, improving your skin quality, helping in digestion, preventing in the formation of kidney stones, and freshening your breath.
You can mix lemon water with other foods which will bring you extra benefits as well. 5 very healthy lemon drinks are –
- Lemon Water + Cucumber – It provides antioxidants that are very important for the efficient functioning of your body. It improves digestion, has alkalizing and detoxifying properties, helps reduce inflammation, and improves water retention as well. It has cooling properties that help maintains your body’s water balance even on hot days.
- Lemon Water + Mint – You couldn’t find a better way to cleanse your body than this combination of lemon water and fresh mint. It aids in weight loss and gives your body essential electrolytes. It gives you vitamin C and antioxidants which help maintain your body’s energy levels at all times. It also nourishes your skin and is known to have anti-aging properties as well.
- Lemon Water +Mint + Cucumber – This drink is a natural detoxifier, boosts immunity, improves digestive health, hydrates your body, and is a natural refresher. The lemon flushes out toxins, the mint provides sweetness without sugar, and the cucumbers give extra hydration and also a subtle flavor. The cucumber is 96% water so your body gets the vital water it needs.
- Ginger + Lemon Water + Mint – You just can’t go wrong with this combination. The lemon water has loads of vitamin C which gives you stronger immunity, regulates blood pressure levels, healthier skin, and promotes weight loss. It also increases iron absorption. Ginger acts as a natural agent against indigestion, cold, nausea, and flatulence. Ginger contains ”gingerol” which has sedative, analgesic, antipyretic, and antibacterial effects while another component “zingerone” acts as an antioxidant. The mint improves your digestion, prevents nasal congestion and headaches, eases cold, and gives you fresh breath, and its anti-inflammatory qualities relieve irritation caused by constant coughing.
- Cucumber + Lemon + Mint + Ginger + Water – This drink is a killer! This mix contains vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes which increase your daily nutrient intake. The cucumber contains “phytoestrogens” and digestive enzymes that benefit the gut. It cools your body which is a total relief on hot days. The lemon acts as a natural diuretic while this drink helps you lose weight and detoxify your body. All these 4 ingredients have unique health improving properties that will make you fresh, healthy, and full of energy every day.
It’s Time to Drink!
All these ingredients are easy to find and have so many benefits that you will surely make these various combinations part of your daily diet. You can choose any of these combinations or even give all of them a shot. Drinking 4-5 liters of these drinks daily will do wonders for your body and overall health. So go ahead, have a drink!