Say cheese! There are several foods you can make with milk but nothing is more loved and enjoyed than good cheese derived from it. Adding generous quantities of it to your diet will make your meals delicious and health-friendly.
How is Cheese Made?
Cheese is a dairy product made from milk by the coagulation of the milk protein “casein” and is available in a wide range of textures, flavors, and forms. It is mainly made up of proteins and fat derived from milk usually taken from buffalo, cows, sheep, or goats. The milk is first acidified and then enzymes of rennet or bacterial enzymes are added which causes the casein to coagulate. The solids [curd] are removed from the liquid [whey] and pressed into their final form.
Available in a Wide Range
Some of the healthiest cheeses that you can make from natural milk include mozzarella, blue cheese, feta, cottage cheese, ricotta, parmesan, Swiss cheese, cheddar, and goat cheese. You can use these cheeses to make a variety of dishes such as cheesecakes, pizzas, salads, tarts, pasta, fondue, soufflés, cheese balls, sandwiches, macaroni, biscuits, and cutlets.
Health benefits of cheese include –
- Healthy Heart – It is loaded with phosphorus, potassium, and magnesium which keep your cardiovascular system in a good state. It also helps heart function.
- Prevents Osteoporosis – It contains calcium, protein, minerals, and vitamins that even cure osteoporosis especially in women after menopause.
- Maintains Optimum Weight – It is a good source of natural fats that help control your body weight. It stabilizes your metabolism and its nutrients build muscles and bones.
- Prevents Cancer – It is rich in “sphingolipids” and “linoleic acid” which have antioxidant properties and help prevent cancer. Research in this field confirms this benefit of consuming cheese regularly.
- Prevents Tooth Decay – It contains both calcium and phosphorus which are vital for healthy teeth. Other minerals in cheese also help to maintain the strength and integrity of your teeth well into old age.
- Improves Brain Function – It is rich in omega-3 and fatty acids which promotes healthy brain activity and keeps your brain in a healthy state. Eating cheese is a no-brainer!
- Boosts Immunity – The good bacteria in cheese improves gut health which strengthens your body’s capacity to fight infections.
- Lowers Blood Pressure – Eating ample quantities of cheese lowers your blood pressure despite the presence of fats and sodium.
- Improves Cell Health – It contains protein which is the primary requirement for your body cells for building and repair. Your need for protein depends on your age, size, and physical and mental activity levels.
Say Yes to Cheese Today!
Eating all this cheese may sound cheesy to you but it will do your health of a world of good! On top of it, cheese is tasty and goes along well with a variety of dishes. Start eating cheese from today and enjoy its multiple health benefits immediately.