You would be surprised at the number of unhealthy foods you may be putting on your breakfast table every morning for your family and yourself. Foods that you were convinced were nutritious and beneficial for consumption. You need to completely rethink your breakfast food plans and avoid the harmful ones no matter how much you like them and how good they taste.
Stay Away from Them
Some of these harmful breakfast foods you should keep away from are toast with margarine, pancakes, fruit juice, toaster pastries, flavored yogurt, granola bars, and processed gluten-free foods. They look very appetizing and are tasty but in the end, they are harmful to you.
View this post on Instagram
🌈 What do you think is the worst breakfast food!? – 🥣Cereal. A 2011 report by the Environmental Working Group (EWG) examined some of the most popular breakfast cereals consumed by children. It found that a 1-cup serving often contains more sugar than 3 chocolate chip cookies. – 🥞Pancake. Pancakes and waffles are made from refined flour and topped with high-sugar syrups. They may promote insulin resistance and increase the risk of obesity, type 2 diabetes and other diseases – 🍞Toast With Margarine. Toast with margarine raises your blood sugar and insulin levels, causes rebound hunger and increases your risk of weight gain and heart disease. – 🥯Muffins. Muffins are usually high in refined flour, refined vegetable oils and sugar, all of which are very unhealthy. – 🍾Fruit Juice. Despite a reputation for being healthy, fruit juice is very hign in sugar. It actually contains a similar amount as sugary soda. – 🥧Toaster Pastries. Toaster pastries are high in sugar and refined carbs, yet low in protein, which can increase hunger and food intake. – 🥮Scones With Jam and Cream. Scones topped with cream and jam provide little nutrition other than calories. Easily digested carbs and a lack of fiber can drive hunger, leading to increased food intake and weight gain. – 🥛Sweetened Yogurt. Sweetened yogurt is very high in sugar, and may contain more of it than ice cream. It also lacks the natural dairy fat that can increase fullness. – 🍡Granola Bars. Granola bars usually contain several types of sugar that negatively affect blood sugar and insulin levels. They also lack protein and fiber. – 🌮Processed, Gluten-Free Breakfast Foods. Gluten-free packaged foods are made with flours that raise blood sugar, which may lead to elevated insulin, increased appetite and weight gain.They also lack protein and fiber, which contribute to fullness. . . Tag and share 💚 . . . . . . . . . . #fitnesslovers #rice #carbs#protein #dietgoals #bread #vegan #losingfat #weightlosscoach #gymaddicts #gymfitness #weightlossmeals #weightlossprogram #flexibledieter #healthyweightloss #fitnessprogress #fish #fatlosstip #weightlosstips #workouttips #mysuperbodytransformation
- Toast with Margarine – Margarine is processed food and often used as a replacement for butter and looks and tastes like it. It is made from vegetable oils whose chemical structure is changed to make them wholesome and solid like butter. This process is called “hydrogenation” but unhealthy Trans fats are formed as a harmful side effect which increases the risk of chronic disease.
- Pancakes – They contain a high amount of refined flour which increases insulin resistance and obesity. People top up their pancakes with syrup which contains significant amounts of high-fructose corn syrup which causes inflammation.
- Fruit Juice – It contains extra calories and concentrated sugar that leads to obesity and unrequired weight gain. Excessive weight gain in turn produces ailments like hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, and strokes apart from other problems in old age.
- Toaster Pastries – Their crust is made from flour, sugar, and fat, and to top it all the filling is all sugar. That much sugar is harmful to you and there are no actual fruits in toaster pastries.
- Flavored Yogurt – Its sugar content is too high and when you garnish it with high-calorie items like honey, nuts, cereals, or fruits it is harmful to your health. Hence avoid it.
- Granola Bars – Most granola bars are loaded with added sugar, artificial ingredients, and excess calories which open the door for unwanted obesity, diabetes, and heart diseases. Some even contain sugar alcohols or artificial sweeteners which is further bad news.
- Processed gluten-free foods – They do not contain essential nutrients like calcium, iron, folate, fiber, riboflavin, thiamin, and niacin which are bad for your body and may lead to chronic deficiency of them.
Begin Operation Clean-up Today!
Begin your new day with your right foot forward. Avoid these harmful breakfast foods and eat the right foods with zero worries. Starting your day with the right foods will give you the energy and zest to face all your challenges with confidence!